I thought I’d let you all know that I’ve released a new ebook, 4-3 Quarters Matchup Coverage Principles. It is a 24 page in-depth look at one thing, quarters matchup coverage principles from the 4-3 defense (shocker, right?!).
It takes an in-depth look at Cover 4, specifically three coverages
- Cover 2 Read (I call it Cover 4 Read)
- Cover 4 Robber
- Cover 2
It also discusses cover 3 cloud versus trips as well.
Overall, 4-3 Quarters Matchup Coverage Principles is different than my Developing a Physical and Aggressive Offensive Line. That was more on philosophy, this is about in game strategy and schemes, and it includes several diagrams.
At 24 pages, this in an in-depth look at this coverage. You’ll learn it’s strengths and it’s weaknesses.
In addition to focusing on quarters matchup principles, 4-3 Quarters Matchup Coverage Principles discuses another the 4-3 defense. While not the focus, using the 4-3 defense in-conjunction with quarters matchup principles allows the defense to provide a consistent pass rush, disguise the coverage and run fits, and maximize defensive line stunts.
Overall, you’ll learn:
- Cover 4 Rules for the Defensive Secondary and Linebackers
- Ways to run two different coverages on one play by splitting the coverage
- How to adjust Cover 2 to defend the run better
- Diagrams on how to adjust to 2×2 Spread, 21 Personnel, and 3×1 Trips
- How to use nickel player without ANY adjustments
- To maximize defenders in the box versus Spread sets
- Down, Distance, and Game Plan rules for Checking the Coverage
This is an e-book and it comes in PDF format. Feel free to share it with your colleagues on your staff, print it out, read it on you tablet, smart phone, or computer!
Overall, I feel like this is a worthwhile addition to Strong Football’s eBooks, and I hope to provide you with more, hyper focused, in-depth and affordable eBooks in the near future!